Easy Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes
I made some delicious chocolate Guinness cupcakes with a rich chocolate buttercream frosting. Perfect for St. Patrick’s day…or any day! I did a full video tutorial, if you want to check that out too!
// For the chocolate Guinness cupcakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Guinness beer
6 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. I found these liners at Target.
2. Beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs and beat just until blended.
4. Add vanilla, 6 tablespoons of Guinness and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
6. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
7. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the remaining Guinness to the batter.
8. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 way. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
// For the chocolate buttercream frosting
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
And about ¼ cup of Guinness beer
Blend the butter a bit until smooth.
Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the cocoa powder and mix until fully combined.
Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and salt and mix on medium speed until fully combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. I also put the rest of the bottle of Guinness beer in which was around ¼ cup.
Now all you need to do is frost them and add a little decoration. I used some gold sprinkles that I found at Target and topped with the bottle cap for the finishing touch.
I hope you make these Guinness cupcakes yourself! Make sure to tag me in Instagram if you do. Thank you so much for watching and I hope you have a very happy day!
Make sure to check out my other posts with yummy recipes in the Health section!